Contributors

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wishful Thinking

I use to ride Bart everyday to work but now prefer driving to the city (inspite of the gas prices!!) at least two days a week. I don't understand why BART continues to raise their fare prices, yet they don't really do anything with that extra money. If Bart wants to encourage people to ride BART on a commuter basis they should think about providing monthly incentives; i.e. better prices for commuters. How about cleaning your train seats more often? How about making BART stations in the East Bay a little safer? How about providing the right amount of additional trains to East Bay at rush hour times?

As a transit system that can get me from point A to point B, it's not bad. Unless the train catches fire or some other horrible incidents happens ,you are on-time. I appreciate that. But I hate traveling during rush hours in this Public transportation, because everyone working in the city rides BART and during high traffic times I'm smashed into one of the cars like a freaky clown sardine.

1 comment:

Ravnish Gupta said...

I totally agree with you. Most of the public transit systems across the US provide monthly passes that enable you to ride unlimited, e.g. NJ Transit, Amtrak; but BART does not.

As far as safety is concerned I would not feel safe waiting for a train at Bayfair and 12th Street stations during late evenings !

Hell, I don't even see a cop working there !!

BART: Listen Up. PROVIDE SAFETY IN YOUR STATIONS. IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY !!